Senior Software Engineer
TokenPay is an open-sourced, decentralized, and self-verifying payment platform project with a passionate community following. TokenPay was created with the fundamental desire to bridge modern-day financial institutions with the benefits of the Blockchain space. With TokenPay, businesses and individuals will be able to quickly and securely send and receive payments for goods and services around the world. We offer simple and easy to use integrations for merchant platforms, tailored banking services, and much more.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be developing information systems by studying operations, designing, developing and installing software solutions. You will also be responsible of developing and supporting the software team. An ability to prioritize and communicate clearly represent a must, side by side with having a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus, an ability to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time, a strong analytic capability and an ability to create innovative solutions is what we’re looking for in a new member of our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- First and foremost, developing software our users need
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in in appropriate field of study
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Either strong OOP or Functional Programing and modeling skills
- 4+ years professional experience in professional web development
- Experience coding, testing and documenting Drupal themes – including all front end functionality and templates – and modules – using contributed modules and developing custom modules as needed
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
- Experience developing software utilizing workflow or ESB software
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Know the JVM and the ecosystem of supporting tools inside and out
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
Benefits and Perks
- Work for one of the most ambitious crypto currencies in the market today, and with a highly engaged and eager audience (i.e. your work will make a difference)
- Professional development
- Ability to make a real impact in our product, the world, and the future!
Apply for this position
Your application has been received.
Thank you for your interest in this position.
Please feel free to apply for any of our other open positions.